Under Governor Holcomb's plan to reopen Indiana, places of worship have been given the green light to resume in-person services with social distancing in place beginning this Sunday. While we will not open our doors this Sunday, we are making preparations to do so in the coming weeks, and we would like your input.
We understand that many of you have been longing for this day, and some of you feel like it has come too soon. As we begin the process of reopening, we want to encourage you all to do what you feel is best for you and your family, and to extend grace to those who choose to worship differently than you at this time.
Please take a few minutes to read the information below and complete a three-question survey.
Midtown Church is committed to implementing the following safety measures for all in-person services:
- We will be offering multiple services, each lasting one hour, on Sunday mornings to maintain appropriate social distancing guidelines. A limited number of seats will be available for each service. (We will continue to stream the service on Facebook Live as well).
- Everyone wishing to attend worship in-person on Sunday mornings will be asked to sign-up online in advance to ensure that all who wish to worship in-person will be able to do so safely.
- Sanctuary seating will be set up to allow for appropriate social distancing. The black cloth chairs will be stored and replaced with folding metal chairs that can be easily cleaned.
- There will be a one-way arrow system to guide you in and out of the building to encourage social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- We are recommending that those who attend wear a face mask.
- No materials will be handed out (this includes bulletins, coffee, and donuts). Communion will be served in individual prepackaged containers.
- There will be no Midtown Kids.
Taking the above information into consideration, please click here to fill out a brief survey. Please only complete one survey per family to give us a better idea of numbers.